All pools and spas that can be filled with 300mm of water or more and are used for swimming and other water activities must be registered on the NSW Swimming Pool Register.
- Concrete and fibreglass swimming pools
- Inflatable swimming pools
- Temporary or wading pools that are 30cm or more deep
- Above ground pools and spas.
There are two ways you can register your pool or spa:
- Register it yourself on the NSW Swimming Pool Register website. There is no fee for using this option.
- Ask Council to register it for you, using the Pool Registration Form PDF, 79.8 KB. A fee of $10 applies for this option.
You can also check if a pool or spa is already registered on the NSW Swimming Pool Register website.
Removed a pool or spa?
If you remove a pool or spa that is on the NSW Swimming Pool Register, let Council know by email or call us on (02) 4227 7111. We will update our records and make sure your pool is removed from the state register.
Selling or renting a property with a pool or spa
As well as making sure your pool or spa is registered, you will need a Pool Certificate of Compliance before you sell or lease your property.
Find out what’s required on our Pool Certificates page.
- Household Rubbish
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Onsite Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details