After we receive your tree permit application, we will inspect your trees to assess their health and the reasons listed in your application before we make a decision.
Please tag the relevant trees as soon as you lodge your application so we can easily identify them. You should do this using brightly coloured tape, ribbon, string, or a similar non-permanent material that won't hurt the tree.
Some of the things we consider when processing your application include whether the tree:
- is dead or dying
- has a disease or infestation
- poses a real danger to life or property
- poses a risk to structures or important services like a sewer or water main
- is likely to grow too large for its location
- is culturally or otherwise significant, or a habitat for native animals.
You can read more about what we consider when assessing a tree application in our Tree Management Permit Policy PDF, 87.46 KB
Changes to tree inspections due to COVID-19
We are experiencing delays in our processing times for tree permit applications due to current public health restrictions.
We have changed how we inspect trees for the safety of our customers and staff.
For everyone's health and safety, we are limiting face-to-face contact when we inspect your tree/s. Please:
- make sure we can access your property without you being present, and
- tell us when you make an application about any issues we need to consider to keep everyone safe.
Please make sure you have your correct daytime phone number on your application to help with this process.
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
Apply for a Grant
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Events
- Community Events Quick Response Grants
- Connecting Neighbours Grants
- Creating Connections - High School Grants
- Economic and Industry Grants
- Emergency Food and Care Support Grants
- Heritage Grants
- Live Music Quick Response Grants
- Minor Donations
- NAIDOC Week Grants
- Small Cultural Grants
- Sports Grants
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details