Standing on the Ceiling is a fun, easy community project of joy and art held across 2021 - 2022.
This project brought people together to sing and dance, and transform how we experience ourselves, each other and the places will live in a little differently, just for one moment.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, what started out as an in-person event turned into a digital project. We'd like to thank all the artists and community participants for their enthusiasm and resilience throughout this project.
The Standing on the Ceiling project was led by:
- Jodi Phillis (Facilitating Composer): Australian and local iconic composer / musician / singer (The Clouds)
- Lisa Maris McDonnell (Facilitating Choreographer): innovative Australian and local movement artist
- Malika Reese (Facilitating Writer): writer, teacher and performer.
Standing on the Ceiling video
For more information, please email or call us on (02) 4227 7111, or visit the Standing on the Ceiling Facebook page.
Sport and Recreation
- UCI Bike City
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Sports Grants
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Studios
- The Arts Precinct
- Creative Dialogues
- Recent Projects
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Culture Mix
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks