We've gathered some info below to help you ride safely, find new routes and connect with other cyclists.
If you’re using a bike to get around, there’s a good chance you’ll be riding on a road at some point. Make sure you know the rules that apply to bikes on roads, shared pathways and footpaths.
We also encourage drivers to make themselves familiar with the special rules that apply when driving near cyclists.
Use the links below to learn about rules for riding bikes:
- Bicycle NSW - Bicycle Laws
- Transport for NSW Road Rules for Bicycle Riders
- Bicycle NSW - Handy Reference Guide
- Bicycle NSW - Handy Reference Poster
- Transport for NSW Bicycle Handbook
Transport for NSW videos
The Group Rider
Looking for a group to ride with? Get in touch with one of our local bike groups.
- Illawarra Bicycle User Group Incorporated (iBUG)
- Illawarra Cycle Club
- Illawarra Triathlon Club
- email the Illawarra Touring Cycle Club
- Illawarra Ramblers
- Wollongong Mountain Bike Club
- Exsight Tandems Illawarra
- CycleAbility - The Disability Trust.
If you’re part of a cycle group not listed here, and would like us to add your details, please email us.
You can also find details of local bike stores and workshops in the Wollongong Cycling Guide and Map.
The Safety Town website is a good all-round road safety guide for primary school-aged children, teachers and families.
Kidsafe Australia's Kids on Wheels guide also has great tips for keeping your children safe on bikes, tricycles, skateboards, scooters and other fun things that roll.
The Family Ride (Transport for NSW video)
Sport and Recreation
- UCI Bike City
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Sports Grants
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Studios
- The Arts Precinct
- Creative Dialogues
- Recent Projects
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Sister Cities
- History and Heritage
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks