We work to make Wollongong a welcoming, supportive and inclusive city for everyone, including our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, intersex and asexual (LGBTQIA+) communities.
Council runs a range of specific programs for our local LGBTQIA+ communities.
Wollongong Youth Services
Wollongong Youth Services delivers the Rainbow League programs weekly in school term, working with sex, gender and sexuality diverse people to provide support, social opportunities and connectedness.
Rainbow League is a group for people aged 15 - 24.
If you have a young person aged 12 - 15 who needs support, please reach out to the Youth Services team.
Wollongong City Libraries
Our libraries hold inclusive events and talks during Pride Month, and at other times throughout the year. Visit the libraries' website to find upcoming events.
Wollongong Living Books
Wollongong Living Books gives people the opportunity to have a conversation with people (the 'books') about their life experiences. Several of the 'books' in this program discuss their lived experience within LGBTQIA+ communities.
Welcome Here project
Wollongong City Libraries and Wollongong Youth Services are proud members of ACON’s Welcome Here project, and are safe spaces for members of the LGBTQIA+ community.
Other local support services
ACON provides a broad range of support services for LGBTQIA+ people, including HIV prevention and support, sexual and mental health, safety and more. Visit ACON’s website to find local support services and check out their Here For Illawarra guide.
QLife is a national counselling and referral service for people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and / or intersex. Visit the QLife website for more information.
Report an Issue
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- 2023 Referendum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
- Community Events
- Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards
- Explore Aboriginal Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism
- Local Networks and Services
- Council Programs and Support
- A Brief History
- Aboriginal Community Members' Stories
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Affordable Housing
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- New or Recently Moved Residents
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Gardening and Plants
- Energy and Water
- Learn About Climate Change
- Ride our Bike City
- Electrify Wollongong