Wollongong’s public transport network includes buses and Sydney Trains.
Buses and trains across Wollongong accept Opal Cards. To find out more or get an Opal Card, visit the Opal website.
Wollongong is part of the Sydney Trains network. Trains are a great way to get around locally, or between Wollongong and Sydney, including Sydney airport.
For more information, visit the Sydney Trains website.
The free Gong Shuttle Bus (55A and 55C) links the centre of Wollongong with the railway station, the hospital, TAFE and University campuses, and beaches.
The Gong Shuttle runs every 10 to 20 minutes.
You can see a map of the routes and stops using the links below:
You can find information about local bus routes on the Transport for NSW website.
Bus companies that service our area are:
Council looks after bus shelters and seats at bus stops across the city.
If you notice any damage at a bus shelter, please report it to us.
You can also use the button below to suggest a location for a new bus shelter.
Community Transport Wollongong Shellharbour (CTWS) offers affordable and reliable community transport options for people who have difficulty accessing private and public transport.
To find out more, visit the CTWS website.
Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- 2023 Referendum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
- Community Events
- Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards
- Explore Aboriginal Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism
- Local Networks and Services
- Council Programs and Support
- A Brief History
- Aboriginal Community Members' Stories
- Floods and Stormwater
- Coast and Waterways
- Trees and Plants
- Natural Areas
- Native Animals
- Pest Animals
- Climate Change
- Environmental Education
UCI Bike City
- Cringila Hills Mountain Bike Park
- Helensburgh Mountain Bike Park
- Illawarra Criterium Track and Velodrome
- Pop-Up Cycling Routes
- Separated Cycleways
- Using Our Shared Pathways
- Local Bike Tracks
- Info for Cyclists
- Planning for Cycling
- 2022 UCI Road World Championships - Wollongong NSW
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City