This program supports not-for-profit bands and choirs that are based in Wollongong and perform locally at public events.
Applications for our 2023-2024 program have now closed.
Not-for-profit bands or choirs that are based in, and operate in, the Wollongong City Council area are invited to apply.
- Be open to new members joining from the wider community
- Be able to perform outdoors without sound equipment
- Hold regular rehearsals
- Be available to perform at community events and gatherings.
Groups applying for this program will need to fill in Council's online application form, which will be available on this page when applications open.
The application must include:
- A copy of the group's Constitution or Articles of Association (if available)
- A budget showing the group's operating costs for the year ahead.
Successful applicants will need to sign a funding agreement with Council.
In return for Council's support, groups that are supported through this program are expected to:
- Perform at Council-run events and ceremonies. Four performances are required from primary (or senior) bands, and two performance from choirs and secondary (or junior) bands within a 12 month period. Suitable dates and events will be negotiated with any groups that receive funding.
- Display a Council banner (provided by Council) at the group's performances.
Funding will not be provided to:
- Groups whose activities are not in keeping with Council's goals and values. You can read more about our goals in Wollongong's Community Strategic Plan.
- Groups that have not submitted any required reports or acquittals from previous Council funding.
- School bands and choirs.
The following amount of funding is available through this program:
- Primary (or senior) bands up to $2,000
- Secondary (or junior) bands up to $1,000
- Choirs up to $500.
Unless otherwise stated, funding is provided on a one-off basis for 12 months. Council may also consider multi-year funding agreements for up to four years.
Ask a question about our grants
Use the button below to ask us a question about this program.
- Online Services
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Backyard Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Addressing
- Wood Heaters
- Activity Applications
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details