Our Small Cultural Grants program covers a broad range of activities that enliven our city, build our cultural industry and encourage people to get involved. This can include activities like music, performing arts, visual arts and craft, and cultural projects.
We encourage people from diverse cultural and language backgrounds and members of our local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities to apply for this program.
It is desirable, but not essential, that your project contributes to the Viva la Gong festival.
Applications for this program have now closed.
Thanks to everyone who applied, we'll be in touched once all applications have been assessed.
Our Small Cultural Grants program is open to residents of the Wollongong Local Government Area. This includes:
- Community and cultural development organisations
- Physically and socially isolated communities
- Groups from diverse backgrounds
- Young people.
Applications will not be accepted from:
- Government departments or agencies
- Profit-making individuals or organisations
- Anyone who has received a previous grant from Council that was not acquitted.
To qualify for support through this program, projects must address issues highlighted in our Creative Wollongong strategy PDF, 10132.88 KB
You will also need to meet the program requirements for the category you are applying for:
- Category 1: Community Cultural Development Projects
- Category 2: Professional Development, Marketing and Minor Capital Support
If your application is successful, you will need to sign an agreement with Council, and provide a full report and acquittal after your activity takes place. Any funding provided must be used by the end of the financial year in which it is provided.
You will also need to acknowledge Council's support in any marketing or other material. Details will be included in your agreement document.
This program does not support:
- Projects that take place outside the Wollongong City Council area
- Projects that don't directly benefit Wollongong residents
- Funding towards the completion of an accredited course of study
- Activities that are mostly for fundraising purposes
- Projects that carry forward a financial deficit
- Projects that have already taken place
- Activities where a more suitable source of funding is available
- Projects submitted by government departments or agencies
- Projects that financially benefit a profit-making individual, organisation or government department
- Applications from anyone who has previously been given a grant by Council and has not acquitted that grant
- Applications received after the closing date
- Costs for insurance, lease or rent
- Festivals; however funding may be considered for activities that are an element of a festival, if appropriate.
There are two funding categories for this program.
Category 1 - Community Cultural Development Projects
Category 1 supports local arts-based Community Cultural Development projects and events organised by individual artists and communities. Applicants can request up to $4,000.
Category 2 - Professional Development, Marketing and Minor Capital Support
This category is open to local community-focused arts organisations, groups and cultural initiatives that have been established for three or more years. It provides funding for professional development, marketing and minor capital support. Applicants can request up to $4,000.
For more information about this program, email us or call (02) 4227 7111.
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
Apply for a Grant
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Events
- Community Events Quick Response Grants
- Connecting Neighbours Grants
- Creating Connections - High School Grants
- Economic and Industry Grants
- Emergency Food and Care Support Grants
- Heritage Grants
- Live Music Quick Response Grants
- Minor Donations
- NAIDOC Week Grants
- Small Cultural Grants
- Sports Grants
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details