West Dapto is the fastest-growing residential area in New South Wales outside the Sydney region.
Many new developments are underway or have already been finished in this area. Over the next few decades, it will become home to around 19,000 new homes and more than 50,000 people. West Dapto will also bring new employment land and job opportunities to Wollongong.
Overseeing growth in West Dapto is the biggest and longest-running project Council has ever undertaken.
Our work includes setting planning rules, approving development, and designing and building new roads, paths and stormwater structures. We’re also planning new town centres, sports facilities, and public spaces for current and future West Dapto residents.
The West Dapto Vision PDF, 15307.46 KB is our long term plan for this area. This plan is regularly reviewed to make sure it meets the needs of this growing community.
Pick a topic below to find out more.
West Dapto News
- West Dapto Road Upgrade 23/06/21
- West Dapto Road upgrade receives State funding 15/04/21
- West Dapto Suburbs names shortlist revealed 06/11/20
- Wongawilli Works Moving Forward 02/11/20
- Work begins to widen Mullet Creek Bridge shared cycleway 02/07/20
- Largest Council project – Karrara Bridge and link – open now 28/04/20
- COVID-Safe Construction Plans
- Current Works and Projects
- Ongoing Projects
- Future Works and Projects
- Road Resurfacing
- Tenders, Quotations and EOIs
- Sustainability at Council