Drugs and alcohol have a big impact on the safety of our community. There are a number of programs in place to try and address this complex issue, and make our city safer.
Seven areas across Wollongong have been declared Alcohol Free Zones.
You are not allowed to drink alcohol in public places within these zones. Police can enforce these rules.
We review the areas that are Alcohol Free Zones every four years.
Our current Alcohol Free Zones are shown on the PDF maps below.
|PDF File||Wollongong-AFZ-Map-2022-2026.pdf||287.8 KB|
|PDF File||Warrawong-AFZ-2022-2026.pdf||229.7 KB|
|PDF File||Thirroul-AFZ-Map-2022-2026.pdf||211.2 KB|
|PDF File||Helensburgh-AFZ-Map-2022-2026.pdf||153.7 KB|
|PDF File||Dapto-AFZ-Map-2022-2026.pdf||231.7 KB|
|PDF File||Corrimal-AFZ-Map-2022-2026.pdf||108.8 KB|
|PDF File||Berkeley-AFZ-Map-2022-2026.pdf||177.2 KB|
Alcohol is also prohibited on all of our beaches, and at many of our parks, including:
- Charles Harper Park, Helensburgh
- Cawley Park, Russell Vale
- Corrimal Memorial Park, Corrimal
- City Beach, Wollongong
- Flagstaff Hill, Wollongong
- Hollymount Park, Woonona
- Judy Masters Park, Balgownie
- Lang Park, Wollongong
- MacCabe Park, Wollongong
- Nicholson Park, Woonona
- Osborne Park, Wollongong
- Pioneer Park, Wollongong
- Towradgi Park, Towradgi
- Thirroul Surf Club, Thirroul
- Windang Surf Club, Windang
- Stuart Park, North Wollongong (exceptions are made for some major events with Council's approval only)
- Stanwell Park, Stanwell Park.
Our Local Liquor Accord is an industry-based group that works to reduce problems related to alcohol in our area. Members include Police, Council, and local liquor outlets and suppliers.
To find out more, visit the Liquor Accord website.
The Wollongong Community Drug Action Team [WLDAT] is a community group that works to try and prevent alcohol and drug problems before they occur.
Visit their website for information about WLDAT’s work.
If you or someone you know is dealing with drug or alcohol issues, these local services may be able to help:
Report an Issue
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Affordable Housing
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- New or Recently Moved Residents
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Gardening and Plants
- Energy and Water
- Learn About Climate Change
- Ride our Bike City