Finding a low cost, healthy meal can be hard. But we try to make it a little easier with our Low Cost and Free Meals Directory.
This guide has been made with our neighbours, Shellharbour City Council and Kiama Municipal Council, and Illawarra Shoalhaven Local Health District.
Low cost and free meals during the COVID-19 pandemic
Food Fairness Illawarra is updating the Low Cost and Free Meals Directory every two weeks to reflect changes due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Please visit their website for the current version of Low Cost and Free Meals During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Free emergency food hampers
We're working with Green Connect to support Foodbank Australia's emergency food hampers for people doing it tough under COVID-19 lockdown.
If you need help, nominate yourself or a friend for free meal packs, veg boxes and care packages by visiting Green Connect.
And if you're in a position to help, you can also donate a meal pack, or purchase one for a friend. All contributions are appreciated.
Food hampers for international students
Study NSW has partnered with Foodbank NSW & ACT to provide free food hampers to international students in various cities, including Wollongong.
Delivery locations and/or access to the food hampers may change at short notice depending on current public health orders, such as stay-at-home orders.
Follow these steps to order your hamper:
- Call Food Bank on (02) 9756 3099 or complete the online Foodbank form for international students
- State that you are an international student and your suburb, then ask for the distribution point closest to you
- Have your student visa and student card with you when you collect the hamper.
Emergency Food and Care Support Grants
Council is offering grants to local not-for-profit organisations that provide emergency food and care support packages to our community.
For details see our Emergency Food and Care Support Grants page.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- Website Issues
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Energy and Water