These awards are an opportunity to acknowledge the people and organisations who make our city a better place.
The City of Wollongong Australia Day Awards recipients for 2023:
- Citizen of the Year - Sally Stevenson AM
- Young Citizen of the Year - Shannon Fox
- Senior Citizen of the Year - Nyan Thit Tieu
- Lord Mayor's Award - Kim Bell
- Lord Mayor's Award - Judy Skiller
- Rising Star Award - Jack Khan
- Environmental Achievement Award - Saul Griffith
- Arts and Cultural Achievement Award - Wollongong Conservatorium of Music
- Sports Achievement Award - Flynn Ogilvie
- Innovation Achievement Award - Sandra Pires
- Community Group of the Year - Wollongong Homeless Hub and Housing Services
- Diversity and Inclusion Award - Jonathan Goerlach
- Wollongong to the World Award - Dr Meganne Christian
Congratulations to our award recipients and nominees for 2023.
To read more about our recipients, please see the the Australia Day Awards 2023 media release.