Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
The Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee (ARIC) is an independent advisory committee to help our elected Council meet its responsibilities to oversee Council.
The ARIC meets at least four times a year.
The main duties of this committee are to assist Council with:
- Financial reporting practices, and finance and accounting compliance
- Business ethics, policies and practices
- Managing and reviewing Council's internal controls, key corporate risks and all audit-related matters
- Encouraging Council to follow and continually improve all of its policies, procedures and practices
- Adopting the Internal Audit Plan.
You can read more about this group in the Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee Charter PDF, 143.51 KB.
There are five members on the ARIC. This includes three independent members and two Councillors.
The current independent members are:
- Mr Terry Clout, Chairperson
- Ms Catherine Hudson
- Mr Stephen Horne.
The current Councillor members are:
- Councillor John Dorahy
- Councillor Mithra Cox.
Expressions of interest invited
We're inviting expressions of interest from people to join this committee as an independent member. See our Public Notice for details.
Applications close Friday 21 August 2020.
- Your Council Officials
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land