How to Apply
All job applications must be submitted online.
We only accept applications for jobs listed on our Positions Vacant page.
If you can’t see a job that suits you right now, you can create an account and sign up for alerts.
Before you can apply online, you’ll need to set up an account.
How to create an account:
- Click on the Positions Vacant link
- Select ‘Sign In’, then ‘Register for Recruitment’.
- Read and accept our terms and conditions.
- Enter your details and click ‘Confirm’
- Choose a user name and password. You’ll use this to sign in when you apply for a job or update your details in future.
- Check your email for a confirmation message, and click the link in the email to confirm your account. If you haven’t received the email within 10 minutes, check your junk or spam folders.
Having problems creating an account? Call our recruitment team on (02) 4227 7065 during business hours.
The best advice we can give to applicants is to do your research, and don’t leave your application til the last minute!
Start by reading the job listing on the Positions Vacant list, and download the position description. This explains in detail what the job involves. It also has a list of selection criteria that you will need to address in your application.
If you have any questions, call the person listed in the info pack for more information.
To prepare your application, clearly write out each selection criteria. Under each one, explain how you meet that criteria, using real-world examples. There’s no set limit for how long each answer has to be. As a general guide, one or two paragraphs per criteria is usually fine. Feel free to write more or less as you need.
Save your answers in a Word document (.doc or .docx formats) or as a PDF ready to be uploaded with any other supporting documents. Don't forget to put your name on the document!
If you haven’t already, make sure you set up an account before you apply.
- Click on the Positions Vacant list
- Select ‘Sign In’ from the top menu, and log in with your user name and password
- Check that the information in your profile is still correct
- Select the job you’re interested in, and answer the questions for that role
- Upload your response to the selection criteria (as a Word document in .doc or .docx format, or PDF) and any other supporting documents
- Click submit.
You will receive a confirmation email after your application is submitted.
For information on what happens next, see our Recruitment Process page.
- Your Council Officials
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Contracts Register - Class 1
- Contracts Register - Class 2
- Contracts Register - Class 3
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register (Application Tracking)
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Cycling Advisory Groups
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra CMP Implementation Group
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land