Wollongong 2028 is our community strategic plan.
This plan guides everything that Council does. It explains the goals we’re working towards over the next 10 years, and how we’ll achieve them.
We’re working to deliver this plan in partnership with our wider community, and other organisations and government bodies.
There are multiple parts to our community strategic plan. These include:
- Wollongong 2028 PDF, 13812.27 KB – the over-arching ten-year plan for our city. You can read supporting documents for this plan below.
- Delivery Program and Operational Plan – details of the work we’ll be doing over the next three years.
- Resourcing Strategy – how we’ll allocate the community’s resources, and keep our long-term finances on track.
- Progress Reports – we regularly look at how our work is going, and provide this feedback to the community.
Our vision and goals
From the mountains to the sea, we value and protect our natural environment and we will be leaders in building an educated, creative and connected community.
To achieve this vision, we are focusing on six community goals: and
- We value and protect our environment
- We have an innovative and sustainable economy
- We have a creative, vibrant city
- We are a connected and engaged community
- We have a healthy community in a liveable city
- We have affordable and accessible transport.
|PDF File||Our-Wollongong-2028-Community-Indicator-Dictionary.pdf||3.6 MB|
|PDF File||Our-Wollongong-2028-Community-Engagement-Report.pdf||981.8 KB|
You can make an informal GIPA request to access copies of older reports and plans. See our Access to Information page for details.
- Your Council Officials
- 2021 Local Government Elections
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register
- Development Consents
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Community Safety Reference Group
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra Estuary Management Committee
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land