We are starting a trial to let approved mobile food vendors trade at selected locations on public land that's owned or managed by Council.
The trial will run over summer 2021-2022 for up to 12 months.
Explore the map or list below to see the locations included in this trial and allowed operating hours.
- Locations may change from time to time in line with the Draft Mobile Food Vending Policy PDF, 541.82 KB.
- Mobile Food Vending Vehicles are only allowed to trade at the approved locations if they were successful in the Mobile Food Vending EOI process and have an approved Section 68 approval.
For specific areas at each location, please see the map above.
|Suburb||Location Name||Street Address||Council Land Classification||Permitted Hours of Operation||Max. vendors at one time|
|Bellambi||Bellambi Harbour||Off Robert Cram Drive||Community Land||7am - 7pm||2|
|Berkeley||Holborn Park||Holborn Road||Road Reserve||7am - 9pm||3|
|Coalcliff||Coalcliff Beach Car Park||Off Bombora Way (ROW)||Community Land||7am - 7pm||2|
|Coledale||Sharkies Beach Car Park||Off Lawrence Hargrave Drive||Crown Land||7am - 9pm||2|
|Dapto||Dapto Skatepark||Off Bong Bong Road||Community Land||7am - 7pm||1|
|Fairy Meadow||Thomas Dalton Car Parks||Off Elliotts Road and Pioneer Road||Community Land||7am - 7pm||2|
|Farmborough Heights||Milingaa Park||Waples Road||Road Reserve||7am - 7pm||1|
|Kanahooka||Kanahooka Park||Kanahooka Road||Road Reserve||7am - 7pm||3|
|Port Kembla||Gallipolli Park||Quarry Street||Road Reserve||7am - 7pm||2|
|Primbee||Purry Burry Park||Purry Burry Avenue and Bundah Place||Road Reserve and Community Land||7am - 7pm||3|
|Stanwell Park||Stanwell Park Beach Car Park||Off Beach Road||Crown Land and Community Land||7am - 7pm||2|
|Towradgi||Towradgi Park||Towradgi Road||Road Reserve||7am - 9pm||3|
|West Wollongong||Roy Johansson Park||Euroka Street||Road Reserve||7am - 7pm||2|
|Windang||Windang Boat Ramp||Off Fern Street||Crown Land||7am - 9pm||2|
|Wollongong||Neville McKinnon Park||Strathearn Avenue and South Street||Road Reserve||7am - 9pm||3|
How to be part of the trial
Please note the EOI applications are now closed for the Summer 2021/2022 trial.
If you run a mobile food business and would like to to receive updates in the future, please register through Council's Tenderlink Portal.
Applicants who have been approved for the trial must operate in line with Council's Draft Mobile Food Vending Policy PDF, 541.82 KB and conditions of a Section 68 Approval.
Draft Mobile Food Vending Policy
During the trial we are also seeking feedback on the Draft Mobile Food Vending Policy PDF, 541.82 KB which explains how mobile food businesses will operate during this trial.
Anyone is welcome to give feedback on the draft policy. Visit the Our Wollongong website to share your thoughts by 26 April 2022.
- COVID-19 Support for Businesses
- We Shop the Gong
- Assistance to Council Tenants
- Invest Wollongong
- Business Information and Support
- Business Permits and Regulations
- Tenders, Quotations and EOIs
Organise an Event
Overview of Pre-Approved Event Sites
- Stuart Park
- Lang Park
- Wollongong Foreshore
- The Arts Precinct
- MacCabe Park
- Osborne Park
- Dalton Park
- Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Greenhouse Park
- King George V Oval, Port Kembla
- Wentworth Street, Port Kembla
- JJ Kelly Park
- Thirroul Beach Reserve
- Rex Jackson Park and Ovals, Helensburgh
- Crown Street Mall and Globe Lane
- Information for Event Organisers
- Overview of Pre-Approved Event Sites
- Sponsor Local Communities
- Social Enterprises
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism