The City of Wollongong Traffic Committee includes state and local groups working together to make decisions about traffic-related issues in our city.
This is not a Council-owned committee, but we coordinate the committee’s monthly meetings under authority from Transport for NSW.
You can read more about this group in the Traffic Committee Charter PDF, 113.77 KB.
Timeframes for approvals
Any application for road closures and / or street parties needs to be received by Council at least 8 weeks before the date of the proposed closure / event. This is so it can be considered by the Traffic Committee and endorsed at the Council meeting that follows. Road closures or street parties cannot take place before this endorsement.
Upcoming key dates are shown below.
|Traffic Committee cut-off||Local Traffic Committee Meeting||Council Meeting|
|Friday 16 December 2022||Tuesday 17 January 2023||Monday 6 February 2023|
|Friday 27 January 2023||Tuesday 14 February 2023||Monday 27 February 2023|
|Friday 24 February 2023||Tuesday 14 March 2023||Monday 3 April 2023|
|Friday 24 March 2023||Tuesday 11 April 2023||Monday 8 May 2023|
|Friday 21 April 2023||Tuesday 9 May 2023||Monday 29 May 2023|
|Friday 26 May 2023||Tuesday 13 June 2023||Monday 26 June 2023|
|Friday 23 June 2023||Tuesday 11 July 2023||Monday 31 July 2023|
|Friday 21 July 2023||Tuesday 8 August 2023||Monday 28 August 2023|
|Friday 25 August 2023||Tuesday 12 September 2023||Monday 9 October 2023|
|Friday 22 September 2023||Tuesday 10 October 2023||Monday 30 October 2023|
|Friday 27 October 2023||Tuesday 14 November 2023||Monday 11 December 2023|
- After each Traffic Committee meeting, there will be a delay in providing approvals. This is to allow for the Council Management sign-off process.
- For Road Closures only, allow up to one week after a Council meeting for approvals to be provided.
Standard Conditions for Road Closures
Our Standard Conditions for Road Closures apply to all closures. The Traffic Committee may also impose additional conditions for each case.
Standard Conditions for Street Parties
If you’re holding a street party, you will need to follow the Standard Conditions for Street Parties. The Traffic Committee may also impose additional conditions for each case.
Members of the Traffic Committee include representatives from:
- NSW Police
- Transport for NSW
- Local State Member of Parliament (for the location of the issue being considered) or their representative
- One Council representative, who is also the meeting chairperson.
Additional Council staff, Councillors and representatives from local bus companies also attend Traffic Committee meetings, but don’t vote on group decisions.
- Your Council Officials
- Council Meetings
Access to Information
- Agency Information Guide
- Contracts Register
- Contracts Register - Class 1
- Contracts Register - Class 2
- Contracts Register - Class 3
- Council Position Statements Register
- Council Voting Register
- Current Leases and Licences
- Delegations Register
- Designated Officers
- Development Application Register (Application Tracking)
- Development Approvals
- Development Contributions Register
- Disclosure Log
- Graffiti Removal Register
- Investments Register
- Land Register
- Planning Agreements Register
- Political Donations and Gifts
- Tree Removal Register
- Variation to Development Standards Register
- Jobs at Council
- Fees and Charges
- Plans and Reports
- Council Policies
- Corporate Governance
Committees and Groups
- Aboriginal Reference Group
- Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee
- Australia Day Committee
- Cycling Advisory Groups
- Floodplain Committees
- Lake Illawarra CMP Implementation Group
- Sports and Facilities Reference Group
- Traffic Committee
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- West Dapto Review Committee
- Wollongong Heritage Reference Group
- Southern Regional Planning Panel
- Wollongong Local Planning Panel
- Community Land