People using our parks and gardens for outdoor exercise must follow NSW Health rules.
For information about other changes to Council services, please see our COVID-19 Updates page.
Wollongong has a fantastic selection of parks and gardens. From landmark sites like Wollongong Botanic Garden, Mount Keira and Bald Hill Reserve, to small hidden gems, there are hundreds of outdoor green spaces for you to explore.
These parks and gardens are perfect for picnics, gatherings and special occasions, or just enjoying time outdoors.
You can also hire our parks and gardens for special events.
Let us know if you find anything in our parks or gardens that needs attention. Call us on (02) 4227 7111 or visit our Report an Issue page.
Below are details for some popular gardens and outdoor spaces in the Wollongong Area that aren’t managed by Council:
- Illawarra Rhododendron Gardens, Mount Pleasant. Phone 0490 069 360 for booking enquiries.
- Mount Keira Scout Camp
- Illawarra Grevillea Park, Bulli
- Wollongong Lighthouses. Contact the NSW Department of Primary Industry (Lands) for booking enquiries.
- Kully Bay Park, Warrawong. Call Property NSW on (02) 9273 3630 for booking enquiries
Camping is not allowed in most of our parks, gardens, and foreshore areas.
Check for signs which will explain any activities that are not permitted. Council Rangers patrol these areas, and can issue fines to people who camp illegally in public spaces.
- Sport and Recreation
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition
- The Joyful Project
- Standing on the Ceiling
- Creative Spaces
- Creative Dialogues
- The Arts Precinct
- Viva la Gong
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks