We support initiatives by business groups or industry groups that help to build Wollongong’s economy, in line with our Economic Development Strategy PDF, 3711.31 KB.
Funding through this program is not for the benefit of individual businesses, but for activity that supports the wider industry or economic growth of our city.
To apply for this program, your activity must be one or more of the following:
- Initiatives that support economic or industry development
- Projects or events that promote locally-based businesses and industries to audiences outside our region
- Projects that support local business networks.
We assess applications for support under this program against the criteria below.
Your application will need to explain how your activity does the following (the weighting given to each criteria is shown in brackets).
- Local employment opportunities are increased within a strong local economy (30%)
- The region's industry base is diversified (30%)
- The profile of Wollongong as the regional city of the Illawarra is expanded and improved (30%)
- Wollongong continues to expand as a place of learning (10%).
Conflict of Interest
When applying for this program, you must identify and declare if there is any actual, potential or perceived conflict of interest that could result from your application. You can read more about what is considered a conflict of interest in our Code of Conduct PDF, 614.07 KB
Employees of Council must not seek or receive a personal benefit, or be perceived to receive a personal benefit, as a result of funding support from Council.
For more information, please contact Council's Economic Development Team.
- Online Services
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Backyard Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Addressing
- Wood Heaters
- Activity Applications
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details