We provide small grants for not-for-profit groups holding community events during NAIDOC Week.
This program aims to get as many people as possible involved in NAIDOC Week and celebrate the history, culture and achievements of our local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
Applications for NAIDOC Week grants open in February each year.
Applications are welcome from not-for-profit organisations that are planning an activity in the Wollongong City Council area to take place during NAIDOC Week.
Your application will need to explain how you will meet one or more of the following objectives:
- To endorse Wollongong as a vibrant and exciting city that values the culture of its Traditional Owners
- To showcase the significance and diversity of local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and history
- To increase community understanding of local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture and history
- To strengthen community well-being through participation in an event that celebrates the achievements and culture of the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
If your application is successful, you'll receive a letter explaining the conditions of funding. You will also need to invoice Council to receive payment.
Grants will not be provided for:
- Activities that don't meet the program or applicant requirements explained above
- Activities outside the Wollongong Local Government Area
- Activities that are mainly for fundraising purposes
- Activities that directly benefit an individual
- Activities submitted by government departments or agencies, or schools
- Activities that financially benefit a profit-making individual, organisation or government department
- Applicants who have not acquitted a previous grant from Council
- Applications received after the closing date.
Up to $5,000 per application is available.
Applications for our NAIDOC Week Grants open in February each year.
We'll post more details to this page when applications open.
- Household Rubbish
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Onsite Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details